Trends in Travel and Tourism Distribution - November 2016
“Mobile is increasingly taking over as the channel of choice for searching and booking travel. Indeed, there is little doubt that searching and booking via mobile devices, which include smartphones and tablets, has become the fastest-growing travel-distribution channel in virtually every major market worldwide.”
This report looks at the following areas:
- What are the trends in the use of mobile for searching and booking travel?
- How much of the travel market is controlled by OTAs?
- How do direct channels compare with indirect channels in the airline, hotel, car-rental and cruise sectors?
- Which are the key players in the online accommodation-rental sector?
- How are tour operators adapting to the current travel distribution environment?
- What is the impact of social media on tourism and travel distribution?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.