UK Sugar and Gum Confectionery market report
"While the market has remained resilient amidst the sugar debate, it is facing pressure to contribute to reducing sugar consumption. Portion control will be an important tool for operators to reach the reduction goal. Meanwhile, that many parents are open to artificial sweeteners in kids' sweets highlights this as an area to explore."
- Anita Winther, Research Analyst
This Report discusses the following key topics:
- Promotions make sweets more permissible for many
- Artificial sweeteners and portion control can help meet sugar reduction target
- Scope for chewing gum to build role in helping to curb snacking
This Report examines the UK retail market for sugar confectionery (including mints) and gum. Mintel's definition includes products sold through the retail channel, including:
- soft confectionery (such as jelly sweets, pastilles)
- standard and power mints
- hard confectionery (such as boiled sweets, toffees, caramels)
- functional confectionery (such as medicated confectionery)
- chewing gum and bubblegum
- other confectionery (such as loose pick n' mix and lollipops).
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.