UK Women's Haircare market report
“The women’s haircare sector has struggled to show growth in recent years as savvy shopping behaviours continue to take their toll, with the category showing value growth of just 0.3% in 2016. The value of the prestige sector has shown a particular rise, keeping the category afloat, suggesting a willingness to trade up in the sector. However, trends favouring natural hairstyles and textures, as well as women worrying about damaging their hair, are impacting washing and styling behaviours.”
– Roshida Khanom, Associate Director BPC
This report will cover the following areas:
- Styling sector struggles
- Damage concern is changing behaviours
Damage concern is a key driver of changes in haircare routines, highlighting opportunities for the natural/organic sector to position itself as a gentler way to care for hair, thereby encouraging washing and styling behaviours.
Within this Report, Mintel defines ‘women’s haircare’ as all haircare that is not specifically targeted at men. Accordingly, all market and launch information includes data for unisex haircare.
- Shampoos: All types of shampoo for washing hair including beauty or standard shampoos as well as anti-dandruff/medicated types. Also includes two-in-one shampoo and conditioner and dry shampoo.
- Conditioners and treatments: Rinse-out and leave-in conditioners, intensive treatments such as hot oils, serums, masks and sprays.
- Styling products: All products that are used to style, sculpt or fix the hair. These include mousses, gels, gel sprays, jelly, styling sprays, lotions, serums, gums, glue, paste, mud, clay, waxes, creams, milks, styling water, glosses and hairsprays.
Sales of shampoo, conditioner and styling products through all retail outlets and sold by hair salons for home use are covered by this Report.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.