Volunteering in Sub-Saharan Africa - May 2014
“Ethical volunteering is key to the development and growth of this flourishing sector. As the number of operators in the market expand, the issues of project management and tangible benefits have become increasingly important. Maximising developmental influences and minimising negative impacts are essential to ensure communities benefit and volunteers enjoy a worthwhile, life-changing experience.”
- Jessica Rawlinson, Senior Tourism Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- What is the position of volunteering tourism within the adventure tourism sector?
- What are the key drivers for tourists looking to take a volunteer break?
- Which are the destinations and experiences that shape volunteer tourism to Sub-Saharan Africa?
- How are some of the key organisations involved in the market?
- What are the key issues that will change the sector over the next decade?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.