Washers and Dryers - US - June 2012
The washer and dryer market has experienced a nearly uninterrupted slide since 2007 due primarily to continued weakness in the housing market. While stabilization in real estate will provide badly needed support to sales, marketers looking for more robust growth must convince consumers to trade up to newer, more efficient, and more advanced models. To help marketers meet this challenge, this report provides insight into the washer and dryer market from a number of different angles, including:
- Total category and segment sales estimates and forecasts with insight into the economic and demographic factors driving marketplace results
- What motivates consumers to buy new washers and dryers and what features and benefits are most compelling in the purchase process
- An examination of recent innovations in efficiency, performance, and convenience
- Information sources that consumers rely on most when deciding what brand or model to buy
- Analysis of the changing retail landscape
- An exploration of the mindset that consumers bring to the laundry room and its implications for the washer and dryer market
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.