Web Aggregators - UK - October 2009
- More than 24 million people have used a price comparison site to purchase financial products or to obtain quotes.
- Consumer loyalty is fairly low in the aggregator market - with more than 14 million people having used three or more different price comparison sites.
- Almost five million people use price comparison sites as a research tool, but then buy directly from their selected company.
- Around 7.5 million aggregator users regard a well-known or reputable brand as important consideration when searching for financial products.
- Finding the lowest price tops the list of major considerations for people using an aggregator to select a financial product, but it is closely followed by concerns about the level of cover.
- 8 million users believe that price comparison sites provide an impartial and unbiased service, but around 7.5 million have concerns about their market coverage.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.