Yogurt and Yogurt Drinks - US - December 2011
Total U.S. retail sales of yogurt and yogurt drinks have grown every year since 2006, and the market is expected to reach an estimated $6.4 billion in 2011. Considering the state of the economy, this growth is quite impressive. The market still holds considerable opportunity, and this report uncovers this, along with a number of other critical factors, including:
- How yogurt makers can continue to capitalize on interest in Greek-style yogurt, including product and brand extensions such as desserts and dips
- Products for Hispanics (who are more likely to consume yogurt than other races/ethnicities) that are likely to appeal, and tactics for marketing to these consumers
- Market factors that are shaping the yogurt market, including obesity, the aging population, the rising price of dairy, and consumer interest in natural and organic offerings
- How yogurt makers can increase consumption with key demographics (such as 6-11-year-olds), along with specific tactics, such as product placements on TV shows popular with children and their parents and positioning yogurt as a product that can fight the childhood obesity epidemic
- A review of successful and creative marketing strategies that are driving category sales, including how Chobani has leveraged social media to build up its fast-growing brand
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.