Young Adult Leisure Trends - US - November 2009
Consumers 18-34 might be considered the core of the leisure market. The young adult demographic, with more leisure time and fewer familial responsibilities, are often opinion leaders and trendsetters who determine the success or failure of new entertainment options. This is particularly true when game-changing technologies are concerned.
In this report, Mintel takes a look at the attitudes of the 18-34 consumer segment toward leisure activities and what drives adoption of new trends. Analysis and insights offered include:
- What are the key entertainment value propositions most desired by young adults
- How social priorities change within the twenty-something decade
- How household spending habits on entertainment has changed over the last five years
- Which technologies are reshaping the leisure market and consumer expectations
- How drastically leisure time per day changes with age
- Which activities are seeing net increases in participation
- Which online activities are most popular
- How much of a challenge the internet poses to television
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.