401(k)s and Retirement Plans - US - March 2009
This report examines the state of 401(k) and other retirement plan markets, especially in light of the difficult economic times. Themes examined in this report include:
- The steep decline in the stock market over the past year has put serious dents into Americans’ retirement dreams. Americans are less confident now about their futures than they have been in decades
- Baby Boomers, who are the first generation to have been told to rely on 401(k)s and IRAs for a comfortable retirement, are perhaps in the most difficult straits
- Innovations have – and are still – being developed and introduced by financial services companies that are designed to make it easier to plan and save for the future
- 401(k) plans are under scrutiny from legislators and academics. The argument is that they were never meant to be the sole retirement support for workers, and they are being criticized for being structured poorly for that purpose
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.