Active Lifestyles - US - March 2010
According to the Centers for Disease Control, roughly one third of the American population is considered obese. Obesity and related health issues are having a profound effect on the overall population, as well as with individuals struggling with weight issues. At the same time, it is almost impossible to separate this discussion from the healthcare debate that has been dominating the news for several months. While sweeping reforms of the insurance industry may or may not come to pass, it is clear that Americans will be expected to take greater ownership of managing their own health.
Against this backdrop, one question that needs to be answered is how are Americans responding to the call to lead healthier lives. As well as, what role does their lifestyle, whether active, sedentary or somewhere in between, play in overall quality of life?
This report aims to answer this question and more by exploring and providing insights on the following:
- The impact of the recession on people’s willingness or desire to lead active lifestyles
- Incidence of weekly exercise by key demographics and what role social and economic factors play in terms of fostering an environment that encourages physical activity
- A look at the latest fitness innovations and how video games are evolving to encourage more physical activity through greater interaction
- Measurement of the influence of emerging technologies on exercise and use of online tools for health management
- Attitudes towards diet, health and exercise and what role each plays on an individual’s activity levels
- The impact of energy bars/drinks on Americans’ diet as they look for ways to fuel their on-the-go lifestyles
- Satisfaction levels of Americans with their level of activity and state of health
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.