Advertising: Mobile, TV and Internet - US - July 2016
"The advertising landscape is more complex than ever as consumers now relate to ads across television, online, and mobile platforms. Consumers can be influenced by marketing messages, but only if the message is received over the most strategic platform."
- Billy Hulkower, Senior Technology Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- Large segment of consumers unfazed by advertisements
- More-affluent consumers not interested, despite seeing more ads
- Many consumers view mobile ads negatively
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Mintel defines television ads as those seen via broadcast, on DVR after broadcast, and those seen while watching video-on-demand content from satellite, cable, and telco subscription services, even if these ads are seen on a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Online video ads are those seen while watching programming from a website or app not affiliated with a television service subscription, and includes ads that occur before, during, or after content seen through these formats, including overlays.
- Mobile and online advertising includes banner ads, ads embedded in videos, apps, games, ads played between songs on internet radio stations, paid search results, insertions in social network and news portal feeds, promoted tweets, and sponsored texts and email.
- Radio and internet radio ads are not the primary subject of the report but are discussed in the report to provide a comparative basis for other media forms explored in the report.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.