Airlines - US - May 2010
This report explores the airlines in the US, focusing on domestic flights but also including foreign travel originating in or arriving to US destinations. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting domestic travel sales, consumption and consumer trends, and how these trends affect branding and future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations.
Specific topics that are covered in this report include, but are not limited to:
- The impact of the economic decline and the new frugality in consumer sentiment toward air travel
- How the rise of video conferencing is affecting business travel, and means of responding to this challenge
- How have airlines responded to economic pressures and how airlines products and pricing can evolve further in upcoming years
- How the role of social media applies to promoting (or hurting) brand perception and how to use social media more effectively in the future
- How consumers select which airline to fly
- Potential brand responses and innovations in relation to the emerging trend of “a la carte” services
- How consumers perceive airlines differently, and what can airlines do to further differentiate themselves
- The role of frequent flyer programs in consumer behavior, and how airlines can grow enrollment and usage
- Means for airlines to appeal to increasingly budget-conscious and eco-conscious travelers
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.