Airport Retailing - Europe - June 2010
This report examines leading European airport retailers and operators plus the flying public (people departing, arriving, meeting people, dropping people off, or working at airports) both landside (before airport security) and airside (after airport security).
- Key themes in this report include: The changing relationship between airport operators and retailers, with some looking to build on existing presences to create joint ventures and so promote a closer involvement than simply a concession contract.
- The impact of low cost carriers on airport operators, for instance through pressure on landing fees, making commercial income even more important, and restrictive luggage policies, which is creating difficulties for passenger spending at airports.
- The impact of changes in ownership of both airports and retailers in terms of strategic direction, competitive advantage and future business development.
- The potential for new growth areas in the market, like flights to near-EU destinations such as North Africa and the Middle East as liberalization frees up new possibilities in areas like the Mediterranean.
- The challenges from future trends towards environmental restrictions on aviation and other factors like an ageing population.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.