Arthritis - US - April 2009
The number of arthritis sufferers in the U.S. is on the rise, due to a range of extraordinary factors, including the graying of the U.S. population, the high number of overweight and obese Americans, and a lack of health care for tens of millions that impedes prevention and allows existing symptoms to worsen. This growing patient population represents a range of opportunities for arthritis remedy product manufacturers and service providers, from favorable marketing circumstances to the further development of alternative treatment methods. This report provides in-depth analysis of these factors, as well as thorough examination of the following:
- Brand qualities that make remedies unique in a market flooded with treatment options
- Innovations in the market, such as new ointment products that provide multiple benefits, functional beverages formulated specifically for arthritis patients, and a host of potential pharmaceuticals for a wide range of arthritis conditions
- Advertising and promotional strategies and their potential to attract patients’ attention
- The arthritis sufferer, complete with disease incidence; preferred treatment, prevention, and information sourcing; attitudes and motivations towards arthritis and its management and care; and, the ethnic arthritis patient
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.