Artisan Foods - Ireland - March 2012
The artisan food market throughout Ireland has the potential to help both NI and RoI recover from the recession. However, increased pressure is being placed on the industry due to an increasingly price-driven consumer who has not got used to heavy discounting within the food retailing sector, along with increased costs for raw materials.
Although consumers are increasingly price-driven, they have also become more concerned with ethical issues such as food miles, traceability, provenance and organic farming, leading to a rise in demand for food and drink produce that meets these criteria.
Key themes in the report include:
- Economic downturn – How detrimental has the current economic downturn been on the artisan food market? Have consumers become more price-conscious, are they trading down in terms of frequency of buying premium products and have they switched from branded to own-label goods?
- Consumer values when grocery shopping – Are consumers more concerned with provenance and quality over cost when grocery shopping? And to what extent is this affecting the sale of artisan food products?
- Consumers’ perceptions of artisan products – What qualities do consumers associate with artisan foods and where are they most likely to purchase them?
- Key companies within the specialist food retailing in Ireland – Who are the key specialist food retailers in Ireland and what type of products do they offer?
- Future of artisan foods in Ireland – How can artisan foods in Ireland sustain market share with a view to increasing sales in light of the current culture of discounting within food retailing?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.