Attitudes to Advertising - Ireland - May 2012
The year 2012 continues to see traditional media losing ground to newer media, with Irish consumers increasingly exposed to web-based advertising, in turn lessening the effectiveness of TV and print advertising.
Despite this, TV still remains the most important channel for advertisers in reaching Irish consumers, particularly the increasingly important mature segment. Moving forward, there is likely to be continued importance placed on mobile advertising as the usage levels of smartphones continue to grow amongst Irish consumers.
Some key questions answered in this report include:
- What are the dominant advertising channels? – Are TV and print still the main channels that consumers pay attention to, or are consumers increasingly paying more attention to online advertising?
- What role do mobile devices play in advertising? – How strong is smartphone usage in Ireland, and what potential does this medium have for advertising agencies?
- Are consumers overwhelmed by the range of advertising they are exposed to? – How much advertising are Irish consumers exposed to? What impact does this have on the effectiveness of advertising?
- Do consumers believe that advertisements can be damaging? – What types of product advertising are under threat?
- What effect has the economic downturn had on advertising? – Has the recession impacted on the types of advertising consumers pay attention to, as well as the media through which they are most likely to be exposed to advertisements??
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.