Attitudes To Food - Ireland - August 2013
“With the economy showing slow signs of recovery, it is likely that consumers will continue to be driven by price when shopping for groceries. With home cooking and baking enjoying somewhat of a renaissance, and the structure of the population expected to change, opportunities exist for brands to develop and target the scratch cooking and health food markets.”
- Sophie Dorbie, Research Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- How are consumers responding to food price increases? – With food prices continuing to increase, are consumers turning to discount retailers and switching to own-brand products?
- Are consumers concerned about their health and diet, and if so, what adjustments are they making? – With a global obesity epidemic and diet-related diseases on the increase, are consumers altering their daily diets?
- Are consumers engaging with cooking at home? –Living in a time of convenience, are consumers cooking from scratch or turning to meal kits and pre-prepared meals?
- Are consumers changing their tastes in food? – Are consumers widening their tastes and trying new cuisine styles and flavours? Following the horsemeat scandal, are consumers looking at the provenance of their food?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.