Attitudes toward Traditional Media Advertising and Promotional Marketing - US - August 2009
The advertising industry is facing one of the most challenging environments in decades. Most forms of traditional media have been forced to re-examine their business models under pressure from the economic recession and the adoption of disruptive technologies. In this report, Mintel looks at how the rules of the game are changing, as marketers struggle to better reach their targets through traditional media.
Analysis and insights include:
- Evidence that marketers are pulling out of print too quickly
- Why young women are harder to reach than young men, counter to conventional wisdom
- Why fewer TV ads per show can result in increased ad sales for programmers
- How failing forms of media are innovating to stay alive
- How marketers are aiming to increase their reach
- How broadcasters are re-inventing the way that ads are viewed
- What are the barriers to more positive perceptions of advertising
- What is the impact of strategies such as celebrity endorsements and charity sponsorships
- How widespread is the practice of commercial skipping
- How receptive would respondents be to new models of ad delivery
- Attitudes toward couponing, program sponsorship, cause marketing, and celebrity spokesmen
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.