Attitudes Towards Dining Out - US - January 2010
More than a year after the collapse of Wall Street and in the throes of the recession, the restaurant industry has yet to stop its decline. The industry faces its greatest challenge in decades, as consumers re-learn how to save their discretionary dollars. In this report, Mintel looks at trends inspired by the current economic climate and how consumer attitudes are shifting as the nation continues to struggle.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- What economic indicators foretell for the industry
- What kind of competition is driving pricing pressure and how far it has spread
- Which foods appeal most to the stressed-out consumer
- What innovations are making hesitant consumers spend anyway
- Which demographics are spending more on restaurants than last year
- Which motivations for dining out are most robust
- Which food qualities are most important on the menu
- Which types of promotions attract the most attention
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.