Automotive Fuel - US - March 2012
U.S. household expenditures on gasoline reached nearly $400 billion in 2011, a 28% increase from 2006. Yet at the same time, demand for gasoline has continued to fall sharply, including a 10% decline in both 2009 and 2010.
This report provides an up-close look at the auto fuel market, including:
- How is consumer behavior changing in the face of high price of gasoline and what are auto fuel companies doing to respond?
- What grades of auto fuel are consumers buying, and what can marketers do to refine a message for each segment?
- How can fuel brands build loyalty in an environment where consumers are first and foremost concerned about cost?
- How has consolidation among the leading energy companies affected the retail landscape, and what do consumers feel about specific brands?
- Who is buying fuel, what grades of fuel are preferred and how much is spent weekly on fuel?
- What actions are consumers taking in response to high gas prices?
- How are mobile apps and cheap fuel finder websites changing the auto fuel industry?
- What factors are most important to consumers when choosing where to buy gasoline?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.