Automotive Retailing - Ireland - April 2019
Covered in this report
This report will examine the retailing of cars to private individuals in Ireland, and therefore excludes sales to businesses or operators of company car fleets. It is exclusively focused on cars, and therefore excludes any discussion of the market for light commercial or other goods vehicles and motorcycles. The retailing of cars takes place through the following distribution channels:
- Franchised new car dealers – those under contract to specific car manufacturers or importers
- Multi-franchise new car dealers – those with contracts that enable them to sell the products of more than one manufacturer
- Independents – dealers that sell used vehicles from various manufacturers, some of which specialise in nearly-new or pre-registered cars
- Second-hand dealers – those selling any make of used car, of any age
- Automotive auctions – these are mainly used by motor dealers to buy their own stock, but some private individuals also purchase cars through auctions
“Growing negativity around diesel vehicles will see manufacturers produce fewer diesel cars in the coming years and more alternative-fuelled vehicles as eco-conscious consumers increasingly switch to cleaner-fuelled cars to reduce their carbon footprint and play their part in tackling issues such as poor air quality and climate change.”
– James Wilson, Research Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- UK/NI consumers see the cost of buying a car increase
- Personal contract purchasing a popular source of car financing
- RoI introduces ‘diesel tax’ in 2019
- Irish consumers see finances weaken in 2018
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.