Baby Boomers versus Millennials - March 2017
“In addressing the question about which market is more important – Baby Boomers versus Millennials – the travel industry needs to take into account lifestyle factors that impact both markets. For Boomers these include: greater longevity due to improvements in health care juxtaposed with chronic health problems that are being exacerbated by unhealthy lifestyles. For the Millennial generation, higher birth rates (particularly in China where the government has ditched its one-child policy), as well as ever diverse needs and desires will come into play. Millennials are also likely to have longer working lives – either as a result of increases to statutory retirement age or due to financial necessity.”
- Jessica Kelly, Senior Tourism Analyst
This report will cover the following areas:
- Who are the Baby Boomer and Millennial travellers?
- What are the holiday preferences of the Baby Boomer and Millennial sectors?
- How do these divergent generational groups use technology and social media within the travel and tourism arena?
- What impact are disruptive models of travel and tourism having on Baby Boomers and Millennials?
- What does the future look like for Baby Boomer and Millennial travellers?
- How can travel and tourism enterprises meet the needs of both the Baby Boomer and Millennial generation?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.