Baby Food and Drink - China - July 2014
“Vegetables, organic ingredients, and minimising packaging size to control nutritional intake could be the springboard for baby food producers to expand penetration among younger parents.”
– Esther Lau, Research Analyst
In this report we answer the key questions:
- What are the key drivers and challenges in the Chinese baby food and drink market?
- What are the common traits of the evolving packaged baby food users?
- How can baby food and drink products customise through nutritional benefits and ingredients for different types of mothers?
- How can brands innovate in packaging design more effectively?
- How can baby food brands use specialised online forums as marketing differentiators to create a competitive advantage?
This market comprises packaged dry and liquid products designed specifically for babies/infants. Market value and volume comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer.
- Cereals/snacks – This includes breakfast cereals and rice cereals.
- Milk – This includes baby formula and growing up milks. To ease global and cross-product comparisons, volumes are calculated by converting powdered milk into its liquid equivalent using a ratio of 1kg of powder to 6.67kgs of liquid.
- Other baby food – This includes fish/meat floss snacks and other food products for babies and infants.
- Other drinks – This includes juice, water and other drinks.
- Wet foods – This includes purées, ready meals, meal accompaniments, desserts, yogurts and baby cottage cheese.
- Inclusions: Milk and other drinks, biscuits/rusks, cereals, fruit & vegetable foods and other solids.
- Exclusions: Products used in non-retail e.g. hospitals, orphanages.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.