Baby Food and Drink - UK - June 2011
This market research report covers the baby food, drink and milk market in the UK. It provides an in-depth analysis of the baby food industry including the baby food market share and market size. Baby food and drink brands are really attaining the trust of parents as only 22% with children under 1 do not use manufactured baby drinks and foods. The baby food market growth stands at around 7% year on year in the UK.
This report covers the baby food, baby drink and baby milk market and discusses current challenges and opportunities in the market. Some factors discussed include:
- 59% of new mothers aged 35-39 are more likely to be financially secure and less discerning. There is opportunity to create new bespoke and premium baby food products to appeal to this market.
- The baby milk market could increase their penetration by expanding the lifespan of their product usage. 62% of parents with children between 1 and 4 are light baby milk users, usage among this demographic could be increased by new product development including follow on products which provide a healthier or more nutritional alternative to fruit based drinks.
- UK birth rates are predicted to grow again in 2014, creating an upsurge in demand. Sales could be energised by sustaining new innovation within the baby food and baby milk market in the coming years.
- Nearly 65% of parents with children under 1 would like to try new baby food products and drinks. Improving the diversity of different and innovative baby products could increase penetration among this group.
- Busy parents who are likely to eat on the move could be targeted by combining baby food options into meal deals. Rusks and baby biscuits made up 15% of new baby product development in 2010 which is a 100% increase on the previous year, demonstrating clear growth potential.
- The 54% of parents who regularly cook could be persuaded to purchase manufactured products by marketing the freshness and natural nature of ingredients in baby food products.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.