Baby Food and Drink - US - May 2010
One of the primary responsibilities of parents is providing the proper nutrition during the first crucial years of their children's development. The overwhelming majority of parents look to baby food manufacturers to provide the right types of foods for their developing babies. This creates the opportunity to develop stronger bonds than are typically present between consumers and the brands they use.
Baby food and drink is a multi-billion dollar category and while it is somewhat recession-resistant because it is a necessity for most, the economy is forcing families to stretch their food dollars and search for maximum value. This report is focused on providing insights on the following topics:
- How the recession stifled US birth rates in 2008, directly impacting the baby food and drink category in 2008-09
- The strategies that baby food manufacturers use to tap into parents’ passions regarding the welfare of their children and how this influences competition and brand loyalty
- How race, income and gender impact the baby food and drink market
- What innovations the leading companies are implementing to fend off competition...including parents who prefer to make their own baby food
- How companies position themselves as partners with parents and connect with them through advertising, web marketing and social media
- The impact of consumers’ attitudes toward private label and name brands, key product attributes, brand loyalty, concern over growth hormones, organic/natural products and other factors that concern purchase
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.