Baby Personal Care - China - October 2013
“Having grown up in times of modern consumerism and popular media, the Post-80s generation mums have a radically different lifestyle. These unique features demand brands and retailers to rethink the strategy of marketing to modern mums. Understanding the way that they blend the online and offline world is crucial.”
– Wenwen Chen, Research Analyst
In this report we answer the following key themes and issues:
- In the post baby milk scandal era it is assumed consumers worries about safety problems remain high, understanding what kind of product attributes or functions mothers are looking for when buying can reverse this trend.
- The high likelihood of safety problems in baby products in recent years has posed a serious threat to babies and children’s health. It is important to understand Chinese mothers buying criteria, buying process as well as knowing how to gain back their trust through different communication platforms.
- Having grown up in times of modern consumerism and popular media, many Post-80s single-child mums are inclined to spend large amounts of investment on their offspring. The Post-80s mums have a radically different approach to shopping for their babies. Understanding the way that they blend the online and offline world will change the way operators attract customers.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.