Bacon and Lunch Meat - US - October 2016
"Over the past five years, bacon and lunch meat managed growth, and it should match that performance through 2021. However, when accounting for inflation, sales are largely stagnant, as health concerns appear to be prompting consumers to avoid much of the category. An influx of lower-sodium and more-flavorful options across the category should help the category boost sales."
- Billy Roberts, Senior Food & Drink Analyst
This report discusses the following key topics:
- Stagnating sales expected to increase
- Slower DPI growth could to lead to less dining out
- Consumers seek lower-sodium options
For the purposes of this report, the bacon and lunch meat market has been segmented as follows:
- refrigerated, packaged sliced lunch meat including, but not limited to: ham, turkey, salami, pastrami, bologna, chicken, corned beef. Used primarily for everyday consumption.
- refrigerated non-sliced lunch meat including, but not limited to: specialty salami, ham, wursts, and turkey. Generally, more premium specialty products, potentially more consumed for special occasions such as holidays. Generally, more limited selection than sliced meat.
- refrigerated bacon and bacon bits.
- deli counter lunch meat sold in a supermarket’s deli department.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.