Baking and Dessert Mixes - US - January 2011
In FDMx outlets, the baking and dessert mixes market grew 5% during 2005-10, and when adjusted for inflation, yielded a 7% deficit. The plight of the market is perhaps further exacerbated when considering the recession instigated an 11% sales boost from 2007-09. Ultimately, the market’s maturity inhibits significant growth and product innovation is necessary to stimulate interest. Meanwhile, competition from in-store bakeries (ISBs) and alternative markets consistently challenges sales.
This report aims to help companies that compete in this sector make informed decisions in tailoring marketing messages to varied consumers, launch new products that are timely and on trend, as well as identify strategies that can help invigorate sales in this mature market. Some of the specific issues on which this report provides insights and answers include:
- The size of this mature market, and its potential for growth
- The opportunities for growth in the baking and dessert mixes category, including customizable mix innovations
- The influence of recession on consumer behavior, and in turn, on market sales
- The effect of demographic shifts on the industry, with particular focus on age and households with children
- Discussion of health and wellness trends as they influence consumer behavior and impact usage of baking and dessert mixes, and innovations that are reaching these shoppers
- Understanding the challenges imposed by competitive sources such as ISBs and refrigerated dough, and the effects on baking and dessert mixes
- How leading companies and brands (including private label) are performing in a recently declining market
- The most prevalent claims in the last several years that are behind innovation including “better for you” (BFY), convenience and premium positioning
- Marketing and promotional strategies by leading suppliers, and how they are navigating a highly segmented market with products targeting a broad spectrum of consumers
- Understanding who the baking and dessert mix consumer is in households, as well as usage, and brand/frequency comparisons by key demographic profiles
- A new assessment of consumer attitudes and opinions of baking and dessert mix, including how they use them, what drives purchases, innovations of interest, and what may appeal to the lighter users of these products
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.