Baking Mixes - US - January 2016
"Total US sales of baking mixes declined in 2015 by 3.4% to $4.1 billion and are forecast to continue declining at this pace into 2020. Consumers are migrating away from packaged foods that contain artificial ingredients and preservatives and toward fresh alternatives found at in-store bakeries and specialty pastry shops. Millennials are very likely to use baking mixes but also very likely to bake from scratch and use ready-made products."
This report covers the following areas:
- Sales declines projected
- Consumers shifting away from packaged, processed foods
- Convenience not necessarily important to key users
For the purposes of this report, Mintel defines baking mixes as:
- Cake and pastry mixes – includes mixes for cakes, cupcakes, coffee cake, gingerbread, and pastries
- Frosting – includes ready-to-use frosting, frosting mixes, and edible decorations
- Bread and cookie mixes – includes mixes for brownies, cookies, cookie bars, muffins, and breads
- Baking supplies – includes baking powder/soda, chips/baking chocolate/cocoa, coconut, graham cracker crumbs, marshmallow crème, baking cups/paper
- Pancake/waffle/French toast mixes
- Other baking mixes – all other baking mixes (principally all-purpose mix, such as Bisquick)
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.