Beauty and Personal Care - Ireland - August 2011
Virtually everyone in Europe uses beauty and personal care items each day, with the European Cosmetics Industry Association (Colipa) valuing the cosmetics industry across Europe (including personal hygiene and beauty products) at €67 billion for 2010. The all-Ireland beauty and personal care market is valued at €988 million for 2011, and is due to grow by 3% over the year, breaching the €1 billion mark. Within the cosmetic industry analysis, the colour cosmetics market has the greatest value by sector on an all-Ireland basis, with an estimated retail value of €171.1 million for 2011. The market for facial skincare is predicted to show the greatest growth between 2011 and 2015, when retail value sales are predicted to hit €151.2 million.
Increasing exposure to airbrushed advertisements, a largely unattainable standardised ideal of beauty, is helping to drive increased self-consciousness about personal appearance amongst Irish consumers.
Some questions answered in this report include:
- On which beauty and cosmetic products do Irish consumers spend the most? – Which type of beauty and cosmetic items do Irish consumers buy the most? How do buying habits differ among men and women?
- Do men and women have substantially different requirements from universal products, eg shampoo? – Men are known to be more prone to scalp conditions such as dandruff, whilst women are more likely to have coloured hair; how does this influence their choice in beauty and cosmetic products?
- Are consumers spending more on beauty and personal care products in times of economic concern (as per the ‘Lipstick Index’), or are consumers downgrading expenditure on their beauty regime? – How is the recession affecting consumer spending on these products? What can be done to encourage higher spending?
- Which consumers are most concerned about their appearance? – The Mintel report Colour Cosmetics – UK, August 2011 suggests that women in employment are the heaviest users of make-up. Could a similar trend be expected in Ireland?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.