Bedrooms and Bedroom Furniture - UK - October 2016
“Innovation is very important for manufacturers of bedroom furniture, beds and mattresses and this is helping to encourage shoppers to spend a little more. New methods of construction, technical foams and innovative fabrics are promising more hygienic beds, temperature regulation at night and mattresses that stay comfortable for longer. Bed manufacturers have also risen to the challenge of incorporating more accessible storage for today’s crowded homes. Meanwhile bedroom furniture is increasingly optimising storage, as well as helping consumers make more use of their bedrooms for working, playing or relaxing while awake.”
– Jane Westgarth, Senior Market Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- What is the role of online selling in the market for beds and bedroom furniture?
- Is better storage driving demand in the bedroom market?
- How is the rise of private renting influencing purchasing patterns for beds and bedroom furniture?
The beds sector covers beds and mattresses and can be divided into the following segments:
- Divans – complete beds that are usually sold as a unit or set, comprising mattress and base, often with storage drawers built into the base.
- Bedsteads – bed frames, usually with a slatted base, designed to be used with a separate mattress (or mattresses).
- Mattresses – includes spring mattresses that may be of open spring or pocket spring construction, and memory foam and latex.
- Others – including bunk beds, futons, headboards, bed ends, waterbeds and adjustable beds.
- The bedroom furniture sector refers to all non-upholstered furniture and can be segmented as follows:
- Fitted bedroom furniture (either ready-made or self-assembly/flat-pack) including built-in wardrobe/drawer units and completely fitted bedrooms incorporating the bed as part of the unit.
- Non-fitted/freestanding bedroom furniture (either ready-made or self-assembly/flat-pack) and including items such as wardrobes, chests of drawers, dressing tables and bedside tables.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.