Bedrooms - UK - October 2009
- There is an opportunity for retailers to provide a range of bedroom services. One in five online adults aged 16-64 (7 million) would love a made-to-measure fitted bedroom the same proportion hate putting together self-assembly furniture.
- When choosing a bed people don't just go for the cheapest available. Almost half (16 million) will buy the best they can afford, showing they recognise the importance of a quality mattress in getting a good night's sleep.
- Customer service matters. Just under three in ten (10 million) say service in the store would affect their choice.But the same proportion also want quick delivery.
- The growing importance of fashion in the home extends to the bedroom. More than half (19 million) say the look/style of their bedroom is important.
- Good storage is high on the wish list for cluttered UK bedrooms. Just under half (17 million) want clever storage that maximises space usage and just under three in ten want hidden storage for electrical goods.
- The internet is now a key part of the buying process. Just over a third (12 million) would research bedroom furniture before buying in a store and one in five (7 million) would be happy to bypass the retail outlet altogether.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.