Better for You Snacks - US - September 2016
"Strong growth in BFY snacks comes from an increase in availability of products in this relatively young space, at a time when consumer habits favor snacking and eating on-the-go, and a dual interest in healthy living and the pursuit of flavor. While the products covered in the scope of this Report are not universally accepted as healthy, they communicate permissibility through a range of BFY traits, pointing to strong near-term growth."
- Beth Bloom, Senior Food & Drink Analyst
This report discusses the following key topics:
- BFY snacks face competition from range of snack options
- Consumers are skeptical of BFY snacks
This Report focuses on processed snacks that are specifically positioned/marketed as BFY. Product categories included in the scope of this Report are:
- Vegetable and fruit chips (including chips that are not made from either potatoes or corn, including apple chips, kale chips, sweet potato chips, carrot chips)
- Puffed snacks (including potato, multigrain, corn, and rice and other puffed snacks)
- Soy crisps and snacks (including snacks made primarily of soy (including soy nuts) and marketed as a “soy snack” rather than a corn, potato, or rice chip/snack that contains soy among other ingredients)
- Other snacks (including items and snack mixes that don’t fit into other snack subcategories such as wasabi peas, roasted chickpeas, and veggie sticks, as well as alternative-based chips like hummus chips, lentil chips, and bean chips)
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.