Beverage Packaging Trends - US - January 2012
The Great Recession and a stuttering economy continue to influence consumer attitudes and behavior, and in turn, trends in the beverage market. According to Mintel GNPD, since the onset of the recession there has been significant new product launch activity in the beverage market driven by innovation in the alcoholic beverage segment. The influx of beverage products makes beverage labeling and packaging even more critical for success in a highly competitive atmosphere.
Mintel’s proprietary research finds that today’s beverage shoppers indicate a need for simple, readable beverage labels; yet, also want to be provided with many pieces of product information. Nutrition and health claims remain important in this market. Environmental matters are also an important trend; however, it seems as if the troubled economy has imposed shifts in consumer opinions towards eco-friendly packaging and recycling efforts.
In this report, Mintel will provide in-depth analysis on topics including:
- The influence of macroeconomic data on category innovation, as well as attitudes and behaviors towards packaging
- The impact of population shifts by age and race/Hispanic origin on beverage packaging trends
- Trends in beverage innovation by category, sub-category, claims and package types/materials
- Strategic marketing efforts that leverage beverage labeling and packaging to connect with consumers
- Insight into consumer opinions towards health and nutritional claims on beverages
- The importance of beverage labeling features, packaging features, and packaging claims on beverage selection
- The influence of eco-friendly claims and consumers’ willingness to pay for product packaging that’s considered good, better, and best for the environment
- Cross-tab analysis to determine if consumers’ perceptions of themselves align with their attitudes and action in terms of the importance of beverage labeling and packaging, health, eco-friendly, and trendy features
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.