Bicycles - US - February 2012
This report explores the bicycle market in the U.S. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting bicycle unit sales at specialty retailers and ridership trends, and what they mean for future sales, marketing campaigns, and industry innovations.
Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Who in the household owns a bicycle? For what purpose do they ride most often?
- What are federal, state and municipal governments doing to increase cycling?
- Why do people purchase bicycles? How are social behaviors related to bicycling different by age or household income?
- What companies dominate this market and how has consolidation shifted this paradigm?
- What companies export the most bicycle and accessories to the U.S.? To what countries does the U.S. export the most bicycle and accessories?
- How do consumers research bicycles when they are both considering a new purchase or just browsing?
- What bicycle brands are owned most by which consumers?
- How do retailers differ regarding the types of bicycle they sell, their price points and the types of consumers who visit their location?
- How are bicycle manufacturers using community events to interact with potential buyer?
- How do children view bicycle ownership and activity that are different from adults?
- How much do consumers pay for bicycles? What is the average spend?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.