Black and Hispanic Moms - US - January 2014
“While there are a lot of similarities between these moms, they are different in many ways. Their culture and heritage is an important part of who they are and they are looking to maintain it, especially younger moms (18-34 years old). It’s likely that they have a heightened sensitivity toward companies who are not trying to reach them, stereotypical messages, or communications not in Spanish.” – Tonya Roberts, Multicultural Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- What do Black and Hispanic moms have in common? What makes them different?
- What are some of the challenges she faces? What does she worry most about when it comes to her kids?
- How receptive are Black and Hispanic moms to marketing and advertising messages? What’s the most effective way to reach her?
Black and Hispanic moms represent a tremendous opportunity for marketers since many of these women are not only the decision makers and shoppers, but also contribute to the family’s disposable income. Although there are some similarities between these two groups of moms, the report will take a deeper dive to uncover nuances and differences that exist beyond language. The specific topic areas will include parenting styles, core values, aspirations, family dynamics, lifestyle, and entertainment.
- This report explores the following as it relates to Black and Hispanic moms:
- Show how Black and Hispanic moms differ from moms of other races/ethnic groups, differences between acculturated vs unacculturated within races/ethnicities, and how Millennial moms are similar and different from previous generations, as pertains to:
- Parenting styles
- Core values
- Family dynamics
- Lifestyle and entertainment
- Identify receptivity to marketing and advertising, and the media and techniques that are most effective in reaching her.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.