Black Consumers and Fast Casual Dining - US - February 2016
"Black consumers enjoy dining out, not only as a leisure activity but because many of them lead very busy lives and dining out saves time and in some instances money. Fast casual dining can be a healthier alternative to dining out than eating at a quick-service restaurant."
This report looks at the following areas:
- Limited number of locations in Black community isn't feeding into their love for food
- Is the glass half empty or half full? Opportunity exists on both sides
- Blacks starving for technology innovations to make life easier
- Taste, quality, and fresh food will win over Blacks
There are more options for consumers to choose from than there ever has been, and while many Blacks tend to stick to national chain restaurants, many prefer dining at local independent fast casual restaurants because of the proximity to where they live, and the perception that these restaurants may provide more authentic food they prefer at home.
This report covers expenditures by Black consumers for food and drink at full-service restaurants and limited-service eating places as defined below:
- Full-service restaurants are establishments with waiter/waitress service, in which customers order and are served while seated. They may also sell alcoholic beverages and offer carryout services.
- Limited-service eating places include quick service/fast food restaurants and fast casual dining establishments (food services where customers usually select and order items and pay before dining) and snack and non-alcoholic beverage bars, such as coffee or juice bars, donut shops, and ice cream shops. Cafeterias (other than school or employer) and buffets are also included in this category.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.