Black Consumers and Haircare - US - August 2014
“Blacks’ haircare needs are distinct from others. While there are many products on the market that are specially formulated for them, many are still searching for the right product to fit their ever-changing needs. Natural hair is here to stay, and many are struggling to find the right product and haircare routine. Men and children are another untapped opportunity”
– Tonya Roberts, Multicultural Analyst
This report answers the following questions:
- What are some of the top concerns Black consumers face when it comes to their hair?
- Is natural hair here to stay? How does it impact the haircare industry?
- How important is targeted advertising when it comes to haircare products? How does it impact their opinion of the brand?
- Hair relaxers/relaxer kits
- Styling products like oil moisturizers, pomades, polishers, and shining agents
- Hair color.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.