Black Consumers and Shopping for Groceries - US - October 2017
"Product prices and selection are key drivers for where and when Blacks shop, but they are proud of their ability to maximize their budget while buying the brands and products they want on their list. Retailers that offer a pleasant atmosphere and convenience are included in their shopping routine, but incentives created just for them on top of their shopping expectations have the opportunity to increase store visits and maintain loyalty."
- Toya Mitchell, Multicultural Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- Black households are estimated to spend $60.6 billion on groceries in 2017
- Walmart is the leading grocer among Black shoppers
- Lower incidence of online grocery shopping may be tied to lack of service
- Blacks shop at multiple stores for price and product mix
- Young Black grocery shoppers expect the full experience
- Coupon use may be low due to redemption restrictions and relevance
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.