Black Entertainment - US - April 2009
Black consumers spend their leisure time in a variety of ways, some common and some more non-traditional (as do all ethnic groups). They exhibit stronger preferences for a specific set of activities that remains consistent through all age, gender and income segments within the Black population. Many of these preferences were formed as a result of cultural and historical influences. Others have evolved as a result of a higher rate of inclusion in American society, increased access to public and private venues, and technological advances.
The purpose of this report is to provide cultural insights while demystifying stereotypes. We will achieve this by covering the following:
- Economic and educational factors, along with life experience, that contribute to the many viewpoints within the African American consumer market
- Why one message may not speak to the entire Black community due to the different collective experiences of generations
- How authenticity and cultural identity inform the purchasing decisions and entertainment choices of Black consumers
- The history of Black entertainment and how entertainment trends influence Black spending
- Black leisure time preferences and compared and trends among different demographic segments of the Black population (especially by those under age 35)
- Online entertainment behavior and trends
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.