Black Food and Drink Shopper - US - December 2018
"Black consumers are estimated to spend $72 billion on food and drink in 2018, a 4.5% increase vs 2017. Falling market prices along with better economic conditions may lead this consumer to buy more of their favorite brand names in categories such as meats and center-of-store items to please everyone in the household. Amazon may be the disrupter in the grocery sector, but this shopper is enamored with Walmart, and the store experiences over three times the traffic vs their nearest competitor."
- Toya Mitchell, Multicultural Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- Shopping location and product mix drive shopper segments
- Walmart and traditional supermarkets are the leading primary shopping locations
- Saving time in store is more valuable than shopping at home
- Online ordering is of interest to shoppers that already visit the most stores
- Better for you food and drink items are a draw for most Black shoppers
- Buying favorite products on deal is the best aspect of food and drink shopping
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.