Black Haircare - US - August 2010
Historically, black consumers have shopped at hair salons and beauty supply stores for their haircare needs. While that is still the case for a large number of shoppers, given the state of the economy, many black consumers are taking a closer look at FDMx outlets, which tend to offer better pricing. The black haircare market consists of only those haircare products specifically formulated for and marketed to black consumers. This report includes FDMx sales of such products from 2005-09 with forecasts for 2010-15. As with other products in the personal care industry— value perceptions and wellness are key drivers in influencing black haircare purchasing habits. This report explores these aspects of the market as well as others including:
- The impact of the recession and overall challenging economic times on the black haircare market
- How hair styling trends are specifically affecting segment and regional sales
- What types of products are used with relaxer kits
- How FDMx retailers are faring with other outlets that participate in black haircare sales
- How new products are being positioned to meet consumers’ needs.
- The percentage of black respondents who use only black haircare products
- What products and brands are performing well in the black haircare market
- How product usage differs by gender, age and other demographic characteristics among black respondents and what kind of implications this may have on the overall market.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.