Blacks and Dining Out - US - July 2010
The Black consumer plays an important role in the economy and in supporting the restaurant industry. With education levels increasing, Blacks are earning higher household incomes and moving to areas of the country where their numbers in the past have been quite low. As with most consumers, the Black consumer is concerned with the cost of dining out, but they still do dine out and seek new choices that appeal to their taste buds and their wallet.
This report provides insights that will help marketers and restaurants woo this group of consumers by providing the following:
- cultural insights into what types of food the Black consumer prefers
- how income, age and gender affect Black dining out choices
- how family size and geographic location impact Black dining out choices
- ways for dining out establishments to entice the Black consumer
- the use of email campaigns and social media for reaching the Black consumer
- how Blacks' awareness of certain health issues is affecting food choices and new trends to follow.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.