Body Care - US - July 2009
Since a jump in sales in 2005, induced by the launch of Jergens Natural Glow, the bodycare market has been unable to capture that excitement again, with the result being smaller growth in subsequent years, leading to a decline in 2008. Manufacturers have attempted to spark consumer interest through line extensions featuring exotic scents and added enhancements such as shimmer, which may help to fuel this market, particularly as consumers battered by a weak economy turn to DIY solutions for bodycare rather than pricey salons or spas.
This report examines the following market topics:
- The manner in which manufacturers have emphasized new ingredients and the role of science in order to sell product
- An assessment of recent marketplace activity, highlights of sales results, and projections of where the market is headed, including a look at new developments in the “beauty from within” market
- Mintel’s exclusive consumer research reveals habits and product preferences of category users, showing that while user penetration is high, particular insights with regard to attitudes and motivation can help the savvy manufacturer determine how to best target different categories of consumers
- Analysis of advertising of bodycare products, with an eye towards the effectiveness of current marketing campaigns, many of which are centered around a so-called “scientific” approach
- An analysis and assessment of brand preferences and how this market is shifting and changing as it absorbs the impact of a shattered economy that has consumers trading down as needed, even in the personal care aisles
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.