Bottled Water - China - March 2016
“The current bottled water market is at a more sustainable stage driven by rapid expansion in the low end, with a volume sales advantage and a small high-end market with escalating growth and high profit margins. While low-end brands are competing on price, high-end brands are rivalling with premium associations such as high-quality water sources and packaging.”
Lei Li, Research Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- How domestic products maintain competitiveness and consumer confidence
- What does premiumisation mean to consumers?
- The opportunities for e-commerce to target online shoppers
Despite the fact that China’s economic expansion is slowing, the bottled water market remains moderately stable. Chinese consumers have a growing thirst for the most basic of beverages – bottled water, mainly due to pollution fears that are driving the Chinese towards bottled water consumption and expensive branded waters. The market posts a giant opportunity for premium bottled waters.
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
The bottled water market covers:
- All packaged still, sparkling and flavoured water. Also, natural and purified water.
- Market size is based on retail (off-trade) sales and non-retail (on-trade) sales.
- All bottled water for human consumption, including bulk containers, bottled water sold to consumers, and all catering and institutions including bulk supplies to business.
- Any bottled water used by processors to make other products.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.