Branded Serviced Apartments and Extended Stay - December 2018
“European serviced-apartment capacity is on the cusp of a major expansion. Consolidation in the sector is likely to continue, as it creates economies of scale and offers a way to rapidly expand a group’s network. The leisure market for branded long-stay accommodation will be increasingly targeted as a growth segment by operators. Multi-branded developments, including serviced apartments and extended-stay hotels, constitute an ongoing trend, which is set to continue. Stricter segmentation of long-stay accommodation is likely to take hold more markedly in regions outside the mature US market. And finally the serviced-apartment sector is going to take on the characteristics of the conventional hotel sector in terms of distribution and asset management structures.”
- Jessica Kelly, Senior Tourism Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- Who are the main players in the serviced-apartment and extended-stay accommodation sector?
- How is the market for serviced-apartment and extended-stay accommodation evolving by major world region?
- What is the trend in distribution channels for serviced apartments and extended-stay accommodation?
- How much impact does the sharing economy (such as Airbnb) have on the sector?
- How segmented is the market for serviced apartment and extended-stay accommodation?
- What is the impact of regulatory/planning controls on the sector?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.