Breakfast Cereals - UK - February 2010
- Just over 9m consumers have a wide selection (ie four or five) of breakfast cereals in their cupboards, principally but not exclusively multigrain-based recipes, low fat, children's or honey based cereals.
- Health considerations are the top priority when choosing a breakfast cereal, with 43% of consumers checking the amount of sugar in their cereal.
- Buying a cereal that their whole family can eat is an important purchase consideration for 8.5m consumers.
- Almost 24% consumers claim to only buy branded cereals, but 26% feel there is no difference between own label and branded cereals.
- Consumers seek variety in their breakfast cereals, especially as almost 15m claim to get bored of eating the same cereal everyday.
- Retailers should make better use of cross-branding opportunities between breakfast cereals, fruits and yogurts; 6m consumers eat their cereals with fresh fruit or yogurt.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.