Breakfast Foods - China - July 2016
“Chinese consumers have developed hierarchical needs for breakfast. Besides the basic needs for satiety and nutrition, people are willing to trade up to products and services that can help them save time and add convenience to the eating process. Meanwhile they have started looking for super ingredients with energy-boosting functions. Apart from the food itself, ambience is also gaining importance. A cosy and fun dining environment can not only justify premium prices but also attract visitors who are looking for different breakfast experiences during weekends/non-working days.”
– Laurel Gu, Director of Research: Food & Drink, Lifestyle
This report examines the following issues:
- Opportunity for promoting cereal products on breakfast menus
- Opportunity for marketing energy ingredients in breakfast foods
- Fun and entertaining breakfasts during weekends
The Report looks into Chinese consumers’ breakfast habits and spending both at home and out of home.
- At home: this includes everything people eat for breakfast at home – without the need of either going out of home or calling for food delivery. The in-home breakfast occasions cover cooking from scratch, eating prepared meals, packaged foods and beverages.
- Out of home: this includes everything people buy out of home or get from delivery. The out-of-home breakfast occasions cover buying from retailers (eg convenience stores, supermarkets, etc), food service operators (eg fast food, coffee houses, bakery stores, etc), independent food stores, kiosks, food stalls. Spending on food delivery is also included.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.