Budget Shopper - US - October 2010
The official announcement that the recession came to an end in June 2009 seems out of sync with the reality of most Americans still feeling the effects of the downturn. Reflecting an enduringly recessionary mindset, a majority of consumers continue to say that they are budgeting their money more than they did a year ago. This report takes a comprehensive look at consumers’ budget shopping attitudes and behaviors.
Based on exclusive Mintel consumer research examining budget shopping in detail, this report provides:
- An overview of key economic measures driving budget shopping
- Insight into consumers’ own perceptions of their budgeting behavior and the motivations behind it
- An analysis of how retailers across channels are shifting their strategies to cater to more frugal consumers and insight into how budget shoppers approach each of these channels
- A look at innovators and innovations in the budget shopping space
- Insight into consumers’ increasing acceptance of store brands
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.