Buying the Family Car - US - July 2012
According to the U.S. Census Bureau there were over 115 million households in the U.S. in 2011 and this number is growing. As most households need a vehicle that can accommodate the many needs of a family, how automakers market family cars is crucial to their ability to increase sales.
This report provides an up-close look at how consumers buy family cars, including:
- How has the family car market shifted in the past few years following the recession? Which segments of family cars are selling the best and why?
- How are family car-buyers responding to current issues such as the high price of gasoline, high used car prices, available financing, increased use of in-car entertainment, and the historically high age of the U.S. fleet?
- What types of family cars do consumers own today? What changes are expected in the future?
- Who is involved in the family car decision-making process? How have women’s roles in this capacity changed, and what are marketers doing in response?
- Where do parents look when deciding to buy a family car? What might consumer trends tell marketers about building strategies to tap into specific demographics?
- What do consumers look for when buying a family car?
- How are consumers using the family car and what features and/or benefits might be most valuable to their needs?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.